Content is the king of the internet. We never really get enough of it, the more we absorb it, the more our hunger for it increases. This is the reason that online traffic is increasing day by day, so is the market size of content creation. Digital content creation has emerged as the most effective tool for B2B communication during the past couple of years. Every big and small business is adopting digital content creation strategies to benefit from the increased online traffic.
If you are about to embark on the journey of content creation, you should first get yourself acquainted with the different types of content required for different platforms. There are hundreds of content types that brands can create to drive traffic, engage with new and loyal followers, provide value to the customers and reach new targets.
Read on to discover different formats in which content can be created and used to increase audience engagement.
1. Types of content for Social Media: – Social Media has become highly competitive in the last few years. With millions of content being posted on social media every day, you need to create eye-catching content that helps you to stand out from the rest and help you grow your business as well. Here’s the list of 4 types of social media content that can accelerate your business success:-
- Text-based posts:- Social media users not only use social sites for entertainment purposes but also for gaining information. Text-based posts are the best way to give information about your business to your followers. This format of the content is very popular on Facebook and Twitter where it’s used to start conversations, convey opinions, information and jokes (memes).
- Images:- Images are one of the most valuable and most frequently posted types of content on every social media site. The attention span of social media users is very low which is evident from the fact that they prefer images over long text. Also, people are most likely to purchase things that they can see. Therefore, images are the best way to promote your brand/products on social media.
- Video:- There’s no doubt that Video is the hottest content type on social media right now. The introduction of the latest features like Instagram reels and YouTube shorts are a testament to the growing demand for videos among consumers. A majority of video marketers say that video content has helped them to increase sales and traffic to their websites.
- Story:- Story is often given lesser importance in social media marketing but it’s the best way to understand your audience. ‘Story’ features of most of the platforms offer easy-to-manipulate stickers, sound features and interactive elements like polls, questions and quizzes which can help to gain insights about your audience and understand their preference.
2. Types of Content for websites:- A highly tailored, relevant and out of the box content is what drives traffic on the websites. Take a peek into what are the different kinds of content you can upload on your website:-
- Blog posts:- This is a well-accepted and search-engine-optimizable content type for sharing personal perspectives and detailed information in a story format. The ideal blog posts are easy to read, brief, less wordy and not too complex which is why it’s one of the most popular types of content on websites. Therefore, blogs are the best to share experiences, perspectives or insights about different topics.
- Infographics:- Infographics are one of the most prominent types of website content these days as they are the faster and easier way to show your products and services and share your experience.
- Slide Shows:- If you’d like to present your content in a stepwise manner demonstrating how a product can be used or how to go about doing something, then a slide show is the decent way to do it.
- E-books:- An e-book is very much similar to a slideshow as it allows viewers to absorb the information at their own pace. It is also a creative and appealing way to present your information.
3. Types of Content for guest posts:- According to newbreedmarketing.com, “guest posting,” is the act of writing content for another company’s website. Generally, guest bloggers write for similar blogs within their industry to: Attract traffic back to their website.
Check out the types of content that you can use for getting more guest posting opportunities that will drive your SEO value over time.
- How-to Blog post:- This is the kind of article in which you teach your audience how to do something from start to finish. Many websites embed videos and images from other websites that give them a strong backlink and help them build connections.
- Case Study/in-depth article:- Case studies and long articles allow you to display your depth of knowledge and also helps you reach your SEO goals. You can add multiple CTAs (Call To Action) in such a content type to attract the traffic back to your website.
To get an idea of how blog posts and articles can be written and how to add CTAs to your content, check out these blogs from Growth Central VC.