Human Resource Management refers to the strategic management of employees/ workforce in an organization. It is the process of selecting people best suited for a particular task, thereby utilizing employees’ talent and maximizing productivity. Human resource is a career that involves multiple job functions such as recruiting, interviewing, dealing with employees’ conduct and engagement, understanding the needs of the employer and the employees and acting as a mediator between them, etc.
Jobs in Human Resources:-
This flourishing field of Human Resources has unlocked plenty of opportunities for people looking for management jobs in the corporate sector and industries.
Anyone with an MBA in human resources will have a myriad number of areas of this industry to choose from while looking for a job.
Read on to discover some of the best jobs in human resources with salary estimates.
1. Chief HR Officer
The Chief Human Resources Officer is one of the top positions you can attain in your career in HR Management. It requires you to have a minimum of 15 years of overall human resources experience and 5 years of experience in a managerial role.
- Formulate HR strategies, policies, and goals for your organization.
- Lead and supervise managers in the HR sector.
- Act as a business advisor to the CEO of the company
The average salary of a Chief HR Officer is 22 Lakh/ year in India.
2. Human Resources Manager/ Director
HR managers and directors have similar roles.
- Plan and conduct HR activities.
- Guide employees through the hiring process and explaining benefit programs
- Train employees and handle labour disputes and other kinds of problems at the workplace.
The average annual income for an HR manager or director position is 7Lakh – 12 Lakh/ year.
3. Training and Development Manager
This job involves teaching others and helping them improve their skills
- Conducting classes, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Designing coursework for employees.
- Revising and updating training programs according to current requirements.
Training and development managers make an average of ₹ 7 Lakh/year.
4. International Human Resources Manager
If you’re proficient in any foreign language along with an MBA in HR and you want to make use of that then this job is best for you.
This HR position involveses of the same responsibilities as that of a domestic human resources manager. The only difference is that this job involves working at different locations around the world.
- Recruit candidates for different positions around the world where the organization has offices.
- Implementing training and employee development programs across all the offices of the company
- Implementing compensation and benefit plans according to the laws of countries where the organisation has its branches
The average annual salary for this position is ₹ 6 lakh/ year.
5. Employee Relations Manager
If you like negotiating contracts and getting the best deal possible for the welfare of workers, then you can consider being an employee relations manager.
- Act as a mediator between the employees and employer on behalf of a labour union.
- Settles dispute between management and labour union, on the issues of wages, pensions, health benefits, work environment, etc
- Ensuring human resource policies comply with labour union agreements.
The average annual salary of an employee relations manager is ₹ 10 lakh/ year.
6. Compensation and Benefits Manager
This job is for those who wish to work with money matters. It requires you to build
- Establishing a pay and benefits structure for employees.
- Regulate the distribution of pay and benefits
- Choose and work with benefits partners like insurance companies, investment managers, etc.
- Explain pay and benefits information to employees
The average annual salary for compensation and benefits managers is ₹ 12 lakh/year.
7. HR Analytics Specialist
HR analytics specialists establish pay and benefits for employees.
- Researching the amount of revenue generated per employee
- Overseeing training expenses and efficiency
- Measuring voluntary and involuntary turnover to improve recruiting process
- Making recommendations to HR managers
The average annual salary of an HR analytics specialist is ₹ 5 lakh/year.
8. Executive Recruiter:
Executive recruiters are entrusted with the task of recruiting highly experienced people for executive positions of the corporation.
- Interviewing and selecting candidates to fill vacancies for executive positions like officers, managers and directors.
This job is very competitive as an executive recruiter makes an average salary of ₹3.5 lakh/ year
Note:- Please keep in mind that the salaries presented here are only estimates. Salaries and benefits for all the HR positions will vary from company to company.
We at Growth Central VC provide HR and other internships for college students. Check them out!
Connect with us on:-
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/growthcentralvc/
By: Pragya Singh
Growth Central VC