Solid state matter acquires fixed mass, volume, shape and rigidity. Solids are classified on the basis of adjustment of components particles.
Due to their specific arrangements it shows ample range of properties and consequently varied applications such as superconductors, magnetic materials, polymers etc.
There are three states of matter namely:
Gas and liquid are known as fluids due to their capability to flow. But the solids cannot flow. The reason behind this is that the particles in solid are not free to move in available space.
There is strong intermolecular forces of attraction in between the particles of solids.
The particles of solid have fixed position and can only wobble about their mean position. As if it provides an fixed position to solids.
- Solid state have two opposing forces at particular temperature and pressure.
- These are intermolecular forces of attraction and thermal energy.
- If intermolocular forces of attraction is high as compared with thermal energy the particles remains in cabinet position and there is very less movement in particles.
- Reduces power consumption.
- Reduces heat.
- It is more steady, long term- storage.
- It is a new synthetic method to develop green chemistry.
- It reduced pollution.
- Low costs.
- Simplicity in handling.
It depends upon the development of new materials, the synthesis of new solid-state materials and have critical importance. There shape and volume are relatively stable. Solid has the rigid shape. Atomd and molecules are tightly connected with chemical bonding.
They have definite shape, volume, particles, and vibrate aroubd fxed axes.
It is also referred as the material chemistry. These are non-molecular substances.
Sand is the most important solid substances.
It has definite shape, volume, and mass. These are incompressible and rigid.
They have high density.
The objects that occupy space are called as solid shapes.