With the emergence of new domains in marketing like digital marketing, moment marketing stood out to be a new forte in the digital marketing space. The standard cliché ads started to seem boring and non-productive for the audience and the companies had to find a new way out. Most of the younger audience in the 18 to 34 range was on social media and the best to market the product to them was through social media.
But social media is filled with all kinds of content, how would the companies ads stand out?
The popular things on social media are trends and memes. And that’s what moment marketing leverages. It uses present trends and memes to promote the product. If it’s some celebrity’s birthday the companies will share a happy birthday post, if there is a meme photo going viral the companies will use the photo change the caption, and post it.
Why you should consider moment marketing?
The audience are tired of the formal ads and writings. They want informal content and moment marketing does just that. It makes the company seem more informal and in that process lovable. The audience feels more connected with the company, so the brand image and brand perception change. The major difference between food delivery companies like Zomato and Swiggy is their brand image.
People tend to read trendy memes more than ads, so with moment marketing, you can increase the number of users reading your ad at the same time the user enjoys it.
Important points to keep in mind while doing moment marketing
- Relevance: Social media is a fast-changing space, where trends may not even last days. So, it becomes very important that the posts you share remain relevant to that particular time.
- Clarity: It remains important to remember that the main motive of the ad is not to be a viral meme but to promote your product and increase your sales. The product and the call for action in the post must be very clear.
- Humour: The main ingredient to increase reach is humour. In every social media platform, humour is the most successful genre. Never forget to add humour to your ads.
- Follow the trends: It is very difficult to create a trend, but it is easy to use that trend to your advantage. Use the existing trends to increase your reach.
- Never change brand image: In the need to be relevant and funny never change what the brand stands for. You don’t want to confuse the audience with different brand images.
- Customers are important: Always look after your customer’s needs first. Don’t put posts that may harm the customers. For example, asking customers to come to your restaurant during the pandemic might not be the best choice.
- Engagement: One of the most important points is engagement. Customers would love it if you engage in the talks going on in the comments of the posts.
Moment marketing has panned out to be one of the best marketing methods. It gives an informal look for the company and helps the customers connect well with the company.
(Growth Central VC)