The Government sector provides numerous job opportunities for Computer Science professionals. The qualified candidates can take part in the competitive examinations carried out by UPSC or State PSCs for different jobs.
The various job prospects for these professionals are –
- Domain Consultants: The Domain Consultant roles will have client engagement and support responsibility for a range of industry solutions. … – Contributing to customer satisfaction by providing timely and functional solutions.
- Industries Officer (Technical): –Advise on the operation of industrial agreements. -Negotiate rates of pay and conditions of employment on behalf of employees and employers. … -Advise on and negotiate in enterprise based agreements. -Represent industrial groups in front of industrial tribunals.
- IT Manager : IT managers are responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading computer-related activities in an organization. They help determine the IT needs of an organization and are responsible for implementing computer systems to fulfill the organization’s information systems requirements.
- Jr. Software Developer : Junior Software Developers are entry-level software developers that assist the development team with all aspects of software design and coding. Their primary role is to learn the codebase, attend design meetings, write basic code, fix bugs, and assist the Development Manager in all design-related tasks.
- Software Engineer : As a software engineer, you’ll need to: … research, design and write new software programs (e.g. business applications or computer games) and computer operating systems. evaluate the software and systems that make computers and hardware work. develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification.
- System Engineers : Systems Engineers are responsible for assessing systems, determining problems, providing solutions to issues that arise, designing systems, upgrading systems, maintaining systems and brainstorming possible improvements that can be made to a system in the future.
- Team Leads/ Architect : A Software Engineering Team Leader is responsible for their team’s execution, the quality they produce, the speed and cadence at which they produce, but most importantly, they are responsible for the team’s culture, environment, and overall growth of the people on it.
- Technology Analyst: Responsible for the creation and implementation of business processes, workflow, technology solutions and technology frameworks within a business organization. … Responsible for maintenance and improvements/enhancements to the existing technology within a business organization.
Some of the Central Government sectors where these professionals can find jobs are : –
1.Indian Railway under Signal Section
2.BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited)
3.ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)
4.DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization)
5.ECIL (Electronic Corporation of India Limited)
6.AAI (Airport Authority of India)
7.SAIL (Steel Authority of India)
8.RRB (Railway Recruitment Board)
9.UPSC (Union Public Service Commission
10.CDS (Combined Defense Service
Public Sector Undertakings WHERE cs pROFESSIONALS CAN FIND JOBS ARE:-
- Coal India Limited
- NLC India Limited
- ECIL – Electronics Corporation of India Limited
- GAIL – Gas Authority of India Limited
- BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- National Fertilizers Limited
- Power Grid
- Airport Authority of India
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Nationalized Bank IT or Specialist Officers (SBI and IBPS Exams)
- Govt Insurance companies IT Officers (National Insurance Company, Life Insurance Corporation, Agriculture Insurance Company of India Limited )
- DMRC – Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and other metro companies of different cities.
Related Certifications From Growth Central VC